Terms & Conditions
Please note the following caveats:
- We have been selling books as the Africa Book Centre Limited since 1 April 1989 and longer than that in other guises. If you can't find what you are looking for on our website, please contact email@example.com and we will see if we can obtain it for you as our databases are more extensive than our web catalogue.
- We do not and never have (and never will) take funds from your card until the books are ready to be packaged and despatched. Funds are always deducted in British pounds sterling and we are unable to offer explanations or compensation for the rates of conversion to other currencies your card providers apply to the transaction. All prices are quoted in sterling, not US dollars.
- As specialist booksellers, we draw our stock from over 1000 different suppliers and obtaining copies from small presses in distant parts of the planet can be a very protracted process; bookselling, like house-buying and -selling, is a chain and often a very long one, and each agent, shipper and warehouse handling the books extends supply times. If an item is not in stock and needs to be ordered, you will NOT be contacted unless the delay is likely to be in excess of one month for UK-published materials or three months if needing to be sourced from outside the UK. International orders are normally shipped every 10 days, on alternate Wednesdays and alternate Fridays. Orders marked DELAY can take up to a year. Standard delivery times AFTER despatch: UK 24-72 hours, Europe: 7-10 working days; Rest of the World: 21-28 working days. These time frames are NOT guaranteed and items may take longer (conversely, they can often reach the United States within 72 hours). Orders are sent through the postal system and are subject to the vagaries of each country's services. Losses are mercifully few (not more than 1 in 250 parcels), but if your bank advises you that your card has been charged for an order by The Africa Book Centre Ltd., and you have still not had the item 28 working days after that charge was made, please let us know so that we can send you a replacement. There is no track-and-trace facility offered on parcels and we cannot expedite them through DHL or UPS (particularly not in multiples of 1000 copies to addresses behind bus shelters in West Africa).
- We cannot allow credit terms to individuals, nor can we hand deliver items anywhere in the world.
- If you are ordering as an established library or institutional customer of the Africa Book Centre Ltd., your usual discounts and cheaper shipping rates will NOT be reflected in this order confirmation schedule, but will be applied when the invoice is issued to you.
- All items should be received in good condition. If any item is damaged please return it to us and we will gladly replace it or refund the cost, and reimburse you for the cost of return. We do not accept liability for low production or printing standards, nor do we take responsibility for the ideological content or literary merit of any of the titles offered for sale.
- The Africa Book Centre Ltd. does not disclose customer information to third parties. Data collected by this site is used to take and fulfill customer orders and administer and enhance the site and service. Information is only disclosed to third-parties for goods delivery purposes.
- You may cancel your order at any time PRIOR to despatch. In addition, under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 you may return items within 7 working days of delivery. However, unless items are damaged or delivered to you in error, you will be responsible for the cost of return.
- The term “The Africa Book Centre Limited” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 36 Robertson Road, Brighton, BN1 5NL, United Kingdom. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without The Africa Book Centre Limited’s’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.